Sunday 2 October 2011

Proposed Search/Research Strategy

SEARCH TOOLS

The search strategy that I will use to answer the hypothesis question will be to use a number of keywords to search in encyclopedias, library catalogues and online databases as well as informative and authoritative websites.

I will access various encyclopedias and online databases using the eResources available through the State Library of NSW.



SOURCES

  • Encyclopedia Britannica
  • World Book
  • Proquest - Science and Technology
  • Science Reference Centre
  • Subject specific books
  • Relevant authoritative websites


SEARCH TERMS

The keywords that I will use in my searches are "universe", "cosmology", "big bang" and "creation". I will take many different approaches in searching for these words and try to search for every angle of the subject matter.

Library of Congress subject heading searches will include:

  • Universe
  • Big Bang
  • Creation
  • Astronomy -- research
  • Cosmology -- research
  • Life -- origin



I am mindful that there may also be synonyms and related terms of these keywords too and will research these also so that my search will be insightful.


I will make certain that the resources I use to investigate the subject will be in plain language and easy to read and avoid articles use overly scientific or difficult to understand terms and language. With consideration to all the above I hope to with some supportive and interesting information on the origin of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment